Jenkins is looking for an experienced Industrial Control Systems Technician to join our fast-growing team. Technicians perform hardware assembly and wiring of industrial control panels and will assemble panels according to electrical schematics and company standards.
During the assembly process, technicians are responsible for maintaining control and organization of all materials ordered for the project. Technicians should recognize if the BOM (bill of materials) is incomplete, and notify the project engineer. Technicians are encouraged to analyze wiring schematics for potential mistakes or possible layout improvements and discuss them with engineers. Occasionally, Technicians may be required to travel to the client site for system installation or support. While onsite, Technicians will provide professional service to the customer and maintain a professional appearance.
- Perform electrical and mechanical assembly tasks
- Interpret electrical schematics and notify design engineer of possible mistakes or changes
- Complete control panel projects according to project schedules
- Notify engineers when control panel components need to be ordered
- Notify manager when stock components and materials need to be ordered
- Maintain and secure shop tools
- Clean and maintain work area
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide on-the-job training for new employees
- Perform point-to-point check of co-workers projects
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Word, and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, power tools, and computers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required
Working conditions are normal for a climate-controlled manufacturing environment. Work involves occasional lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, steel toe boots, and hardhats. Loose-fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We’re taking critical steps in response to COVID-19.
Jenkins is an equal opportunity employer.